- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job DetailsJob Location Wheeling University - Wheeling, WVPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeDescription Provides assistance to the head coach. Will assist with tactical play and analysis; individual technical advice; and game knowledge and experience. Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for assisting with player development both on an individual and team basis. Will coordinate and participate in specific practice training and fitness sessions relative to the sport; will schedule role specific targets by assessing individual players; and informs players of his/her responsibilities, duties and roles. Other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and give direction
- Can coach athletes regardless of performance level.
- Helps athletes use their talents to achieve key goals.
- Ability to recognize athletes’ potential and works to build on it.
- Supports athletes going outside of their comfort zone.
- Encourages repeating and building upon areas of strength.
- Suggests methods to improve performance.
- Models success behaviors, a positive work manner and constant self improvement.
Scouting and Recruiting Assistance
Assists the Head Coach with the scouting and recruiting of future student athletes. Includes following all NCAA, conference and University regulations and guidelines; assessing athletic talent and academic performance of potential student athletes; determining who meets the athletic requirements and University academic standards; and coordinating scholarships per the University’s approved model. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate the University’s mission, vision and values.
- Maintains an approachable, professional demeanor.
- Builds rapport by listening, talking and encouraging others.
- Capitalizes on formal and informal networks to meet a goal.
- Displays passion and dedication for the University.
- Articulate and outgoing.
- Proficient (or ability to become proficient) with recruiting software.
Supports and promotes the University’s sports’ programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Displays a positive demeanor.
- Capable of prioritizing needs with deadlines.
- Ability to relate to others in a professional, positive manner.
- Promotes events / activities.
Qualifications Minimum Education Level Required
Bachelor’s Degree. Must be enrolled in a WU master’s degree program for the extent of the Graduate Assistantship. *3.0 GPA required.
Minimum Experience Level Required
One year collegiate playing experience.
Physical Demands Required
Required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear and use hands to handle and feel objects; lift and / or move up to 50lbs; reach with hands and arms, climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally lift and / or move up to 100lbs; have vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and moderate noise level that can be loud depending on the circumstances.
Compliance Responsibilities Required
Read, interpret and apply policies and procedures in assigned area; document as required by policies and procedures; maintains qualifications and certification(s); and completes annual training as required by position.
Required to have a valid driver’s license. Must pass NCAA Compliance Exam. Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
About the company