- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
graduate intern - 2020 Starbucks Summer Internship Program, Channel Development- Brand Management (Job Number: 190003399)
Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks - Brand and Category Management
Now Brewing – Innovators! #tobeanintern
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also inspired connection. We are known for developing and supporting students who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Join us for our 2020 Starbucks Summer Internship Program and immerse yourself in an enduring global company that values people and fosters innovation. At Starbucks we are performance driven, through the lens of humanity; we strive to create opportunities with broader impact. Connect with something bigger and discover your potential.
“Starbucks is not a coffee company that serves people. It is a people company that serves coffee…”
-Howard Schultz, Chairman Emeritus – Starbucks Corporation
As a graduate intern, you will be stretched to build on your existing knowledge, challenged to maximize your learning agility, and positioned to make a meaningful and lasting impact on your team. You will connect with senior leaders through your day-to-day work and through Starbucks internship programming, including executive lunch & learns and networking events. Leverage your entrepreneurial spirit as you contribute to the success of Starbucks while building valuable professional relationships!
During the Starbucks Summer Internship Program, you will:
- Influence business performance: make an impact through value-add project work.
- Develop professionally: enhance your skills at workshops and business overviews.
- Foster connection: grow your network as you meet and learn from Starbucks leaders.
Starbucks internships are paid, 10-week assignments at the Starbucks Support Center in Seattle - our corporate headquarters. Each student selected for a Starbucks internship may be considered for full-time career openings, contingent on performance and budget, upon completion of their graduate program.
About Starbucks Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Brand Management
The way in which we go to market with our exceptional brand and products has evolved over the years and the Global Channel Development team has been at the forefront of that change. After looking at the retail world through fresh eyes, we increasingly recognize the potential the consumer-packaged goods space represents for the growth of our organization. We have pursued this opportunity in a way that only Starbucks can -- by bringing all Starbucks branded products to market with a unified approach that amplifies our voice and tells a compelling story to our retailers. We strive to extend the Starbucks Experience to consumers where they live, work, and play. The Starbucks Channel Development business unit includes the company’s branded products - packaged coffee, K-cups, ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages, and Teavana Tea - which are brought to market through partnerships with Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and Nestlé and sold globally in grocery, convenience store, foodservice, and club channels.
We’d love to hear from students with:
- Superior strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience and/or strong interest in Marketing and analytics
- Customer focus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Superior leadership skills with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Overall business acumen and holistic general management approach
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions
- Economic value creation mindset
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Active enrollment in an accredited graduate program (MBA or other business-related graduate program)
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Available to relocate to Seattle, Washington
- Consortium Fellow or participation in Consortium OP 2019
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.