- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
graduate intern - 2020 Starbucks Summer Internship Program - Store Development, Program Management (Job Number: 190003278)
Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks - Project Management
Now Brewing – Innovators! #tobeanintern
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also inspired connection. We are known for developing and supporting students who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Join us for our 2020 Starbucks Summer Internship Program and immerse yourself in an enduring global company that values people and fosters innovation. At Starbucks we are performance driven, through the lens of humanity; we strive to create opportunities with broader impact. Connect with something bigger and discover your potential.
“Starbucks is not a coffee company that serves people. It is a people company that serves coffee…”
-Howard Schultz, Chairman Emeritus – Starbucks Corporation
As a graduate intern, you will be stretched to build on your existing knowledge, challenged to maximize your learning agility, and positioned to make a meaningful and lasting impact on your team. You will connect with senior leaders through your day-to-day work and through Starbucks internship programming, including executive lunch & learns and networking events. Leverage your entrepreneurial spirit as you contribute to the success of Starbucks while building valuable professional relationships!
During the Starbucks Summer Internship Program, you will:
- Influence business performance: make an impact through value-add project work.
- Develop professionally: enhance your skills at workshops and business overviews.
- Foster connection: grow your network as you meet and learn from Starbucks leaders.
Starbucks internships are paid, 10-week assignments at the Starbucks Support Center in Seattle - our corporate headquarters. Each student selected for a Starbucks internship may be considered for full-time career openings, contingent on performance and budget, upon completion of their graduate program.
About Global Store Development
As the keeper of the physical presence of the brand, Store Development brings the soul of Starbucks to partners and customers by creating and sustaining inspirational and environmental experiences. This is an enormous responsibility that leverages a team of experts and professionals representing four main functions or disciplines: Real Estate, Design, Construction and Facilities. Real Estate is responsible for creating the strategic framework of where Starbucks stores should be to best serve our customers. Design creates a vision for a store, balancing the desired aesthetic qualities of the location with the functional needs our operators require to serve our customers. Construction ensures store project feasibility and ensures stores are built or renovated to meet requirements. Facilities is responsible for the repair and maintenance of our stores and confirms store equipment is installed and functioning properly. Additionally, there are teams that support all four functions in various ways including business planning and analytics, supplier management, developing new store formats/business models, managing new initiatives into stores, delivering technology solutions and systems sustainment, and providing integrated standards and services support to field design and construction teams.
We’d love to hear from students with the following candidate profile:
- Experience. Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience. Overall business acumen and holistic general management approach.
- Strategic thinker. Intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Customer focus. Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Team Player. Critical that this person puts team first – wants to be part of a team, appreciates diversity in a team, prioritizes the collective team over the individual.
- Fast/Agile. Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered. Offers solutions to address problems. Challenges the status quo. Has courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Tactical & Strategic. Can manage the tactical/administrative with a sense of urgency and strong stakeholder support. While also able to connect the dots with internal needs, market trends, business direction, to develop relevant plans and programs.
- Innovative. Brings intellectual curiosity and creativity, can think outside the box on new ways of working, influencing and driving our priorities.
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Active enrollment in an accredited graduate program (MBA or other business-related graduate program)
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Available to relocate to Seattle, Washington
- Consortium Fellow or participation in Consortium OP 2019
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.