- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $25.00 - $32.00 gross per hour
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a Grant Accountant position through Accountemps that you may want to check out. Located in beautiful Downtown Portland, the organization offering this long-term temporary opportunity provides rewards to those who dedicate extra effort in the work place. As a Grant Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, billing for grant disbursements, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll also be reviewing schedules for the reporting processes, communicating with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and playing an active role in cash management and revenue initiatives.
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please apply online now or reach out directly to Sarah Schiesser at 53.222.9778 for more information!
- Maintains all of the official documentation for audit purposes in organized grant files that are available upon request.
- Exports WorkDay Financial Reports into Excel spreadsheets to create user friendly reports for staff and management.
- Interfaces with project managers and program staff in all aspects of project management while providing thorough customer service.
- Prepares a variety of detailed expenditure, revenue, budget, & other management reports to other departments as necessary.
- Performs audits, account reconciliations and prepares related work sheets, cash balances, and proofs for numerous departments in addition to grants.
- Communicates with Cash Management staff to ensure that revenues get deposited into the correct cost center or Worktags & assists with corrections as necessary.
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- General ledger experience
- Government Grants experience preferred
- Command of journal entries
- Workday experience
- Deep understanding of billing
- ms project
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.