- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Uses graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for sales floor, promotions, advertisements, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
Under the direction of Marketing Team Leader and Senior Management, produces monthly newsletter, ads, customer e-mails, press releases, and employee newsletter.
- Works from rough copy and prepares materials for reproduction through the use of desktop publishing systems, multiple software programs and web design software.
- Designs and maintains companys web site.
- Works with design, copy fitting, layout, paste-up, and color separation in the preparation of all types of printed material.
- Designs print and digital ad campaigns and assimilates them to in-store signage and social media formats.
- Works collaboratively with Scanning Department on developing monthly newsletter and store signs.
- Does data entry for contests, fairs, special events and maintains customer email list.
- Copies and stocks existing brochures.
- Meets deadlines and maintains calendar to facilitate punctuality.
- Prepares printed promotional materials and sets up for special events.
- Participates in maintaining and revising Bistro and Caf menus.
- Proof reading and editing of materials produced.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High School or equivalent
(E) Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
(E) 1-3 years of related experience performing responsible layout work requiring the operation of a desktop publishing system and associated software.
Web design experience including Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Flash, and Java Script.
Photography and PHP and Wordpress experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Experience with the following graphics related software: Adobe Design and Web Premuim CS6 with a focus on InDesign and Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash
Basic computer skills using the windows operating system including internet, printing, and email
Basic usage of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Excellent grammar and spelling skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
Knowledge of drawing instruments for preparing charts, graphs, and art work
Skilled in creative layout and design in preparation for printed reproduction
Keywords: Graphic Designer, Location: Akron, OH