- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Marcos
As a collaborative member of the University Relations and Marketing team, the Graphic Designer works to advance the vision and strategic goals of Fort Hays State University. This position will use creativity and innovation to tell the story of the University to prospective students and their families, current students, alumni, friends, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders through a variety of design projects that span print, digital, and environmental media. The Graphic Designer will also support the Creative Director on significant projects such as large recruitment campaigns and the production of the biannual alumni magazine. The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- One year of related professional experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, including—InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Superior customer service and client relations skills
- Solid written communication skills
- More than one year of professional experience
- Strong skills in layout, typography, color, and illustration
- Professional experience in higher education or firms with many different clients and audiences
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Create, redesign or revise creative collateral for FHSU. Collateral includes but not limited to posters, postcards, programs, invitations, brochures, viewbooks, digital assets, print and digital ads, billboards, and magazines.
- Maintain and adhere to University brand standards to ensure the FHSU brand is represented consistently.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Project Manager to manage and prioritize multiple projects, consistently meet deadlines, and champion projects from concept to completion within a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with photo shoots and photography coordination.
- Help educate constituents about design effectiveness for creative service needs.
- Work collaboratively with team members regarding concept and art direction to deliver strategic and emotionally compelling design.
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references, and a link to portfolio/website. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Meghan Oliver
About Fort Hays State University:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,500 (including 4,500+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 4,000 students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 7,000). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
About Hays, Kansas:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.