- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Order, sort and stock merchandise and provide customer services. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stock Grocery items in a safe, neat, efficient, orderly manner.
- Check product freshness dates; make sure merchandise is properly rotated.
- Help keep sales areas, backrooms, coolers clean and well organized.
- Order products for assigned sections to guarantee proper inventory levels.
- Keep carts, jacks, and supplies in their designated areas.
- Unload trucks and prepare merchandise for stocking.
- Handle damaged products in accordance with store policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean shelving and displays.
- Maintain appropriate signage and shelf tags.
- Face or block shelving as it is stocked.
- Provide courteous customer and associate relations.
- Greet customers and assist them in finding products.
- Able to communicate with customers and associates.
- Assist in carrying out groceries or checking.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, particularly in the area of maintenance of a work environment free of unlawful harassment or discrimination.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to calmly, courteously, and tactfully handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
- Must be able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Available and able to perform stock clerk duties and customer service duties.
- Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous work record reflects dependability and integrity.
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MO||Columbia|| 2900 Paris Rd ||65202 || Gerbes||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None