- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Anthony
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include) escorting them to the products they’re looking for securing products that are out of reach loading or unloading heavy items making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Count load to assure proper quantity. Checks invoices against delivered product when asked.
- Process merchandise to shelf which includes removing wrap and cutting front out of cases with a box cutter.
- Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Unloads trucks using power pallet jacks and forklift to place product in appropriate storage area.
- Conditioning shelves and displays – straightening product and pulling cardboard.
- Stock product on top shelf for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness in the department cleans off shelves, sweeps the floor, etc.
- Builds wall of value and end caps display and fills through the week as necessary.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner. SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Retrieve carts from lot.
- Help with cleaning duties.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; counting and recording.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception. Must be able to read the descriptions on the boxes and shelf tags to place merchandise in the proper locations.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays. WORKING CONDITIONS: The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. The position involves sharp knives and is occasionally exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work environment. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Box cutter, two wheeler, stock cart, trash and cardboard compactor, intercom, pallet jack, forklift, Telxon, cash register, power pallet jack, riser ladder and dock plate.
About the company