- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- El Segundo
Are you a dynamic and experienced Ground Software Engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the greater Los Angeles area?
Then join our Raytheon Intelligence & Space team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in El Segundo, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology for Raytheon Intelligence & Space by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Southern California so unique.
We offer robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. Responsibilities include requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design.
Additional responsibilities include: software development of data processing systems, and unit and module software test activities. The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation.
•Minimum 4+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
• Experience with Object Oriented C++, and Linux operating system.
• Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
• Experience with software integration and test.
• Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
• Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
• US Citizenship and the ability to access US only data systems.
• Current and Active TS/SCI or higher clearance required
• Experience with Model Based Software Development.
• Experience with Ethernet interfaces.
• Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
• Experience with Agile-Scrum Methodology.
• Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Coverity, GoogleTest, Docker, and Artifactory.
• Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools.
• OPIR program experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field required. M.S. degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics preferred.
About the company