- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Present Position Number01178WRole Code TitleTrades Technician IPosition TitleGrounds WorkerPosition SummaryProvide scheduled landscape maintenance services and work generated through the work order system to the University for the Old Campus, New Campus, Law School, and the Dillard Complex.
Required QualificationsHigh School graduate or equivalent with experience in a related field.
Valid driver’s license.
Demonstrated ability to complete assigned daily tasks.
– General landscape maintenance practices and procedures.
– Appropriate chemical usage related to the landscape field.
– Road repair techniques.
– Performing routine maintenance on landscape vehicles, equipment, and tools.
– Communicating with the University community, contractors, and visitors.
– Using and maintaining power and hand tools.
– Proper pruning practices employed in maintaining shrubbery.
– Maintaining the proper records associated with landscape maintenance.
– Maintain a professional and positive attitude with fellow employees.
– Execute routine task assignments.
– Respond to emergency situations and task assignments on short notice.
Preferred QualificationsAdvertised Pay RangeUp to $25,000, Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment951500 Grounds and GardensLocationWilliam & MaryUniversity Salary Range
U02Job Open Date09/17/2019Review Begin DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledYesEmployment CategoryOperational FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:This position has been designated as essential to the operation of the department and will require reporting to work when the University is officially closed, and is subject to overtime.
EEO StatementWilliam & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.
Background Check StatementWilliam & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Supplemental QuestionRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Supplemental DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter