- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Nov 8, 2019
The Groundskeeper I position performs work in maintenance, care, and modification of the College grounds and landscapes. The Groundskeeper I also performs preventative and reactive maintenance on grounds equipment and tools. Must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds. This is a full-time position working 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (1st shift) Monday – Friday. Time/days worked may vary to meet departmental needs. Snow and ice removal of roads and sidewalks require early morning starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including Holidays
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Duration: 12 months per year
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years satisfactory commercial landscape maintenance experience required
- Skill in the proper operation and maintenance of grounds maintenance tools, equipment, and machinery is required
- Requires valid Michigan driver’s license and passing periodic driving record checks
- Ability to become a Certified Snow Plow Operator and obtain the Albion College forklift operator’s license
Using the “Apply Now” button, interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
Please contact John Hibbs (email@example.com) Director of Grounds, for questions about the position or search.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.