- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Group Insurance Senior Group Underwriter - Quality Review-UW 0000H
Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Businesses Division that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life and disability insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation’s second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clients—and insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States
The Senior Group Underwriter is accountable for the quality review of Group Life, Disability, Voluntary or Special Risk proposals, renewals and on-going case activity in accordance with statutory regulations and existing underwriting policies and practices, and communicating results in a manner which contributes to the profitability, customer retention and sales objectives as well as the reputation of the company.
Main Job Responsibilities/Competencies:
· Assesses Underwriter adherence to documented policy and procedure in the areas of compliance, documentation, authority limits, data entry & handling, and pricing adherence
· Provide recommendations regarding the Quality Review program to ensure it remains customer focused, consistent, effective and efficient
· Independently evaluates application of Underwriting judgment, pricing decisions, and pricing strategy
· Able to independently handle cases of medium complexity cases, including manually and experience-rated cases in Premier
· May quality review cases of lesser complexity in the National Account market with support
· Independently communicates with internal partners
· Actively engages in supporting the positive consultative outcomes crucial to our long-term success
· Maintains updated records in accordance with underwriting and records policies & procedures
· Demonstrates an awareness of risks and controls, as well as factors that influence the regulatory environment
· Acts as a subject matter expert for low complexity topics
· Serves as a resource for less experienced quality reviewers
· Contributes to projects as a team member
· Supports management in the preparation of trend reporting
Group Life and/or Disability underwriting experience, preferably 3+ years,
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Ability to work independently
Strong time management and organizational skills
Ability to prioritize work with limited oversight
Results and profit oriented
Strong Analytical and mathematical skills.
Proficient with spreadsheet and email software
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Underwriting
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Roseland
Other Locations United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-Arizona-Scottsdale,
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)