- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 gross per year
REED Legal are pleased to be working with a renowned specialist recruitment agency operating in more than 100 countries across the world.
Our client is looking for a permanent, full time Head of Commercial toprovide commercial legal advice and support to the Group.
Job Purpose:Your responsibility includes the provision of solutions-focused and pragmatic legal advice in relation to the commercial legal and regulatory aspects of the Group's commercial and operational affairs.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing and overseeing the Commercial team, including effective performance management and coaching
- Responsible for the Group's the UK and international commercial contract review process, to manage risk and commercial reward in our agreements with our clients, contractors and suppliers
- To understand the Group's strategy, its operational and commercial needs and, accordingly, its needs for commercial legal advice
- Acting as a trusted commercial legal adviser to the leadership population
- Working with the Legal & Compliance Operations Manager to plan and prioritise all legal work and, where necessary, instruct external legal counsel to provide value-for-money support
- Delivery of commercial legal services on time and budget
- To effectively identify, assess and manage legal risk and to influence stakeholders
- To ensure appropriate reporting on, and escalating of, key legal matters
- Development and maintenance of effective relationships between the Commercial Team and other Group functions
- To work collaboratively with others in the department, utilising the expertise of other teams as required, and fostering a collegiate and collective approach
- Working with the Legal & Compliance Operations Manager to develop and maintain appropriate internal know-how and expertise, together with continual improvement and benchmarking
- Working with the Legal & Compliance Operations Manager to drive strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage Legal & Compliance involvement in operational projects across the business
- Together with the Legal & Compliance Operations Manager, develop resources and tools for the business to self-serve Legal issues and training resources.
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Professional qualification in Law
- Minimum of 8 years' post qualification experience ideally gained within a business, or as a commercial or corporate associate in a law firm
- Experience of leading and managing teams of lawyers
- Keeps up to date with relevant legal and industry developments;
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills including experience in building strong relationships of trust with senior stakeholders and/or clients
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts to understand and communicate information
- Proven negotiating skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the Group
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
If you think this is the role for you, please apply now