- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Walmart Mexico and Central America is uniquely positioned to lead the next gen eCommerce world-wide by relying on its unique footprint in the region across its 2,200 stores in 4 store brands to innovate and deliver world-class experience in eCommerce, Retail and Omnichannel shopping. We’re building new teams in Mexico City, Sunnyvale California and Bangalore to accelerate our growth and achieve leadership position in the market. We are innovating around various levels of customer propositions with the range of brands with build: from high-end shopping with Superama to Membership-based commerce at Sam’s Club all the way to everyday low prices at Walmart (Groceries and General Merchandise) and Bodega Aurrera.
Head of Design for Mexico establishes and drives the overall strategy for design, research and execution of our e-commerce properties. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required. This role will be a key leader on our team and a peer to the heads of product management and technology.
You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach to design, and awareness of current and best practices for mobile and online UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to drive design solutions with minimal direction.
• Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 10-15 associates across design, research and content.
• Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
• Juggle many objectives, as a consistent champion for the customer.
• Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
• Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps across 5 platforms & 4 brands (Walmart, Sam’s club, Superama and Bodega Aurrera.
• Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales, revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
• Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
• Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides.
• Provide overall design direction & full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
• Present design work to UX, Business, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach
• Involves 30% travel
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design, Communications, English, Writing, or related field and 7 years user experience design or related field OR 10 years’ experience in user experience design or related field.
• 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Masters Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Architecture, Business, or related field.
• 8 years experience in software design or related field.
• 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field.
• 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
• 2 years experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies such as AJAX, Ruby on Rails, or related skill.
• Fluent in Spanish is a huge plus.
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.