- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
In just 10 years Airbnb has become one of the world's most influential brands. That influence is set to get a whole lot more impactful via the launch of Airbnb Luxe, Airbnb's own brand of luxury homes.
Our ambition is to shape the future of luxury travel and make, shape and lead significant cultural impact and in turn establish Airbnb as a voice and authority in luxury travel.
In order to realize this opportunity, Airbnb Luxe is looking for a Global Head of Editorial & Content Marketing, to lead the development of an editorial strategy for luxury and bring this to life through interesting content and storytelling that will live across our owned and direct channels (e.g. social media, magazine content, email, in-product content, etc) and other external channels.
This role will partner closely with Brand Marketing, Design, Performance Marketing, Lifecycle, Media and Communications/PR teams across the company to develop a unique point of view for Airbnb on luxury travel that inspires guests, hosts and local communities.
You will lead and grow a team to define our external editorial voice, content strategy and global editorial calendar and content planning process - with the purpose of growing our presence with various luxury audiences.
- Define our editorial voice with the ambition of establishing the brand as leading voice in luxury travel
- Define a roadmap for how our editorial voice filters across various online (e.g. email, social, in-app) and offline channels (e.g. print, OOH) + our consumer experience.
- Operate as our ‘Editor-in-Chief ‘ defining thought provoking content themes, stories, and narratives with oversight over all content creation and development.
- Define, implement and communicate a series of clear business objectives for editorial and content marketing initiatives.
- Build a scalable content marketing engine that creates engagement, builds brand awareness, and develops a sense of community across our respective audience groups.
- Drive and measure engagement through effective storytelling, creative concepts and executions across our digital channels. Set the standard for digital engagement benchmarks
- Build and manage a global editorial calendar and content planning process - aligned to a global marketing calendar.
- Build, mentor and grow a world class content and editorially minded marketing team
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- A minimum of 10 years proven experience in editorial, publishing and content development with previous experience managing and leading teams.
- A strong and distinctive point of view when it comes to travel luxury culture.
- A track record in developing audiences and/or communities for a brand or publisher.
- A proven ability in creatively scaling resources.
- A history of creating distinctive and thought provoking content
- Demonstrated ability in audience development i.e. identifying and growing a community through various forms of content.
- A strong strategic thinker with ability to translate data and insights into a creative strategy
- Experience recruiting, managing and developing best-in-class talent and building high-performing, collaborative teams.
- A passionate leader with a positive outlook and the ability to influence stakeholders across an organization
- Naturally collaborative, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership
- Experience working closely with and managing external agencies, content creators and vendors.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Previous experience in luxury is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Must love and be passionate about travel and culture.
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Weekly happy hour