- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Thousand Oaks
The Health Economics Manager participates in developing a Global Health Economics (GHE) value-evidence strategy for either an Amgen pipeline asset or Marketed Product.
1. Plans and leads projects as part of an integrated, multinational research program to support the asset, in alignment with the strategy, tracks and executes the GHE plan and delivers against goals.
2. Coordinates product and project activities.
3. Has budget responsibility for projects
4. Develops strategy and selection of Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) for interventional trials and observational studies. Develops FDA briefing documents for PRO label discussions.
5. Develops core economic models with vendors or Amgen internal center of excellence. Works with Amgen international affiliates to adapt core economic models for regional use.
6. Designs existing data studies, develops or approves research project plans and oversees execution.
7. Assists in the development, creation, and review of the Global Value Dossier (GVD) and US AMCP Dossier for relevant pipeline assets
8. Designs or approves GHE-related aspects such as statistical analysis plan (SAP) of observational studies and interventional trials and consults on study execution.
9. Develops and oversees/conducts relevant meta-analysis, PRO, systematic review, utility measurement or other outcomes research study as determined by product evidence generation plans/strategy
10. Consults on the strategic and tactical plan for GHE publications and the Global Publication Plan.
11. Prepares GHE publications for dissemination.
12. Develops or consults on global reimbursement strategy and value proposition for payers.
13. Selects and works with study vendors.
Doctorate Degree or currently enrolled in PhD program and must complete all requirements necessary to obtain PhD prior to employment start date
Master’s Degree and 3 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Masters or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration or related discipline, or PharmD with a post-doctoral fellowship in one of these areas
Experience in global outcomes research including dossier submissions for reimbursement.
Experience in PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis.
Experience developing pharmacoeconomic models.
Experience working with consumers of outcomes information
Knowledge of epidemiology, economics, psychometrics and medical writing
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Global Health Economics contributes by ensuring patient and payer perspectives are incorporated into the value generated for these innovative biologics. The department is committed to developing comprehensive evidence packages across cost modeling, database analysis, and patient reported outcomes to achieve unparalleled health technology submissions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About the company
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
For more information, visit www.amgen.com and follow us on www.twitter.com/amgen.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails and seek to obtain personal data or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on this website before applying. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and thank you for your assistance.