- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleHealth Education Coordinator/UKHCRequisition NumberRE21121Working TitleRisk Reduction SpecialistDepartment NameH5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACYWork LocationMartin CountyGrade Level09Salary Range$40,893-66,373/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationMA
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience3 yrs
Physical RequirementsThis position will require driving between multiple HRI sites over a defined service area in Kentucky in Martin County and the associated service area.
ShiftShift is dependent on HRI/SEP program hours, generally Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PMPM (40 hours per week); additional evenings and weekends.
Job SummaryThis position will be embedded in a Harm Reduction Program for the Martin County Health Department and will serve as a Risk Reduction Specialist . This position will provide targeted HIV and Hepatitis C testing and counseling to persons presenting for services at the harm reduction programs to help the unaware learn of their status. This position will refer persons found to be positive for HIV or Hepatitis C to medical care and treatment services at key points of entry for Outpatient/Ambulatory Health Services, Medical Case Management, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
This position will provide counseling to persons at high-risk for contracting or transmitting HIV on how to reduce the risk of HIV transmission and will work with individuals to assess individual risk needs and connecting them to appropriate resources as needed. This position will provide information about medical and psychosocial support services and counseling to improve the participants health status. Educational topics covered to include: risk reduction strategies to reduce transmission including comprehensive HIV, Hepatitis C, and STI prevention counseling, preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for clients’ partners and treatment as prevention and harm reduction. This position will provide counseling to clients to improve their health literacy, increase retention in medical care, and improve treatment adherence to achieve better health outcomes.
This position is distribute patient education materials (pamphlets and books) as well as risk reduction supplies (sharps containers and condoms) to persons at high risk for contracting or transmitting HIV. The Risk Reduction Specialists will represent the HRI program within the local health department and assist in collaborations and strategic planning. This position is part of the Harm Reduction Initiative and will be funded by the Kentucky AIDS Drug Assistance Program (KADAP) income Reinvestment Program (KIRP).
This position is funded through June 30, 2020, with expected continued funding. This position will require travel in a defined service area within the Commonwealth of Kentucky, specifically as part of the Martin County Health Department and associated service area.
This position is part of the Harm Reduction Initiative and will be funded by the the Kentucky AIDS Drug Assistance Program (KADAP) income Reinvestment Program (KIRP). This position is funded through June 30, 2020 and will require travel in a defined service area within the Commonwealth of Kentucky, specifically as part of the Martin County Health Department and associated service area.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesThe ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Windows, including the Office applications Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceMA in Health Education, Social Work, Social Services or Human Development highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/20/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience providing health education counseling. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience working with persons with a substance abuse disorder. (Open Ended Question)
- * Describe an encounter when you assisted a difficult or disgruntled client. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any training/certifications you have completed for health education or behavioral modification interventions. (Open Ended Question)
- * This position may require working evenings and weekends. Are you aware of this requirement?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter