- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Health Educator
Location: Campus Health Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 604755
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing Health Promotion programs.
- Coordinate student volunteers and peer educators.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on and off campus to help develop a multidisciplinary approach for student health.
- Review, choose and prepare educational materials to be used in various health programs.
- Prepare health education information for various campus and community wide publications.
- Provide training and health related presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Supervise and train student interns.
- Monitor and assess effectiveness of assigned programs.
- Assist in development of social marketing campaigns.
- Serve on campus and community committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports to the Health Promotion Director.
NAU is currently engaged in an Organizational Growth and Effectiveness Initiative, which focuses on positioning the University for future success of its operational practices. As a result, some aspects of this position may be subject to change, such as, but not limited to: duties, titles, reporting structure, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or related field AND two years of health education experience; OR
- Six years of health education experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Master’s degree in related field.Six years of health education/public health experience.Experience working in Higher Education.Experience coordinating student groups.CHES certification.Experience with program planning and evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability working with and leading student groups.
- Familiarity with social marketing theories and approaches.
- Skill in reviewing professional health literature and incorporating findings into Health Promotion programs.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Familiarity with Health Promotion principles and theories of behavior change.
- Skills in coordinating and planning events.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Familiarity with college health issues.
- Basic understanding of program planning and evaluation.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
This position's pay grade is 43. The salary range for this paygrade can be found on the CLS Grade Schedule.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/ Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. More information is available at: https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
December 16, 2019 at 11:59pm
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
- human resources