- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 213873
Relocation Authorized: National - Single
Project No.: 25873
Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
The Construction Organization is responsible and accountable for the cost and schedule performance, quality, administration, and technical adequacy of the construction work and support functions at the Project construction site.
On the Pennsylvania Chemicals Project, significant scope will be performed by parties on Contract to the Customer. These Horizontal Contractors will be providing materials and resources for the performance of a variety of scope included but not limited to; Scaffold, Insulation, EHT, Excavation and Backfill, and other permanent work on the project.
The Horizontal Contracts Manager, will be responsible for the following activities relational to the Horizontal Contractors:
· Manage Horizontal contractors holding them accountable to established contracts, for Safety, Progress and Quality.
· Coordination of the Horizontal Contractor’s work with other contractors and parties on site
· Works with Horizontal Contractors to improve communication and progress between Contractor and Direct Hire work force
· Works to improve efficiency of contractors, ensuring the right level and experience of Field supervision and management is deployed and working to cover the needs of the contracts.
· Attends all monthly subcontract meetings and Business Performance Reviews.
· Ensures Project procedures are being implemented and followed by all Contractors.
· Monitors and ensures Horizontal Contractor HSSE performance is meeting Project Requirements
· Monitoring Horizontal Contractors labor performance against the budget
· Evaluation of Horizontal Contractors construction progress to the schedule requirements
· Ensuring Horizontal Contractors work is performed in accordance with drawings and specifications
· Preparing summaries of work
· Maintain correspondence and documentation of Horizontal Contractor’s activities
· Supports Field Subcontract Team with administration of contract changes, back-charges, progress payments and formal reporting
A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or minimum of 10 year Field Experience.
Prior Construction supervision and management experience on a Union executed Project, familiarity in understanding and holding craft accountable to Union Agreement. Prior experience and knowledge with Jurisdictional assignments.
Experience and courses in (sub)contract, administration, claims, cost and scheduling.
Minimum 5 years Prior experience and knowledge managing large Subcontract portfolios on Union jobs for Scaffold, Insulation, Fireproofing, Painting, EHT, Civil work scopes on Industrial projects.
Technical and administrative knowledge of all phases of Fixed Price, Unit Price and Cost reimbursable (sub)contract management.
Demonstrated and increasingly responsible experience in field supervision.
Strong "Zero Accident" ES&H experience; a demonstrated ability to implement and hold field contract supervision and contractors accountable for the successful implementation of the project.
Strong communication skills and a demonstrated proven track record of forming good relationships with clients and their representatives.
Previous experience with managing Union Subcontractors associated with Scaffolding, Insulation, Siding, Elevators and Excavations & Backfill.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and
About the company
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.