- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Hospital Account Manager has heart failure portfolio responsibility to assure growth of all HF brands. This is accomplished by development, coordination and implementation of a strategic business plan for targeted accounts. The Account Specialist is a matrixed leader of field sales, US Managed Markets, and HQ personnel who are all responsible for creating and pulling through access and utilization for the approved CV products.
This individual will be responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of the account, the decision-making process, key decision-makers and influencers. He/she must have a deep understanding of specific customer needs and identify key business opportunities. This individual will gain access to key people within the accounts to identify opportunities for appropriate product utilization in the appropriate hospital setting, as well as, post discharge.
• Builds and develops professional relationships with key customer decision-makers, to include (but not limited to), Hospital Pharmacy, Heart Failure Clinical and Quality Directors (inpatient and outpatient), hospital finance decision makers within assigned accounts
• Responsible for routinely meeting with appropriate cardiology leaders within the Novartis Customer interaction policy These cardiology leaders would be Cardiologists, Nephrologists, P&T committee members, etc., that act as stakeholders or decision-makers within the Account Manager assigned accounts
• Accountable for ensuring formulary adoption in targeted / assigned hospital accounts to help drive appropriate utilization of approved CV products; works with other sales colleagues to manage and coordinate pull-through of Letters of Commitment (LOC)
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges
• Understands intra system dynamics in heart failure (e.g.: inpatient to outpatient management and protocols, readmission programs, performance vs quality metrics, CHF performance priorities)
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process for all assigned accounts and communicates with matrixed team on impact to our approved CV products and the competition
• Presents Brand approved data and CV product messaging for approved CV products and delivers clinical messages in compliance with regulations to appropriate audiences
This individual will lead the execution of account strategy and tactical plans by effectively collabo-rating with account First Line Manager, nurse educator, sales specialist and other internal resources as necessary, and is accountable for overall account sales as Center Of Excellence quarterback.
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to strategic, business and account planning for territory and sales area; engages in meaningful discussion and communication with area internal stakeholders
• Develops and manages Heart Failure specific Account Plan, including linked inpatient strategies and outpatient strategies
• Prioritizes time and resources to ensure optimal and appropriate coverage of hospitals and outpa-tient cardiology leaders based on opportunity and importance to the system
• Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes solutions for success
• Positions Novartis’ heart failure solutions in the context of account priorities, such as how solutions align with account’s cost & outcome/quality measures
Finally, this individual will be responsible to ensure account strategy is consistent with national ob-jectives (e.g. brand &
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.