- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) Real Estate currently manages approximately $25 billion gross AUM of direct investments nationally across office, apartment, industrial, retail, and hotel property types for internal (general account) and external institutional clients, with annual acquisitions volume of $2-$3 billion and operating income exceeding $1 billion. In addition to direct investments, MetLife is among the largest mortgage lenders in the US, with a portfolio more than $50 billion.
- Support the Hotel Asset Management Team in underwriting, ROI analysis and acquisition and/or disposition analysis for the MetLife general account as well as third party investment accounts
- In-depth monthly analytical review and reporting involving advanced Excel modeling of asset and market performance for the owned and JV hotel holdings
- Assist in preparation of periodic reforecasting providing narrative for material changes in projected NII
- Creation of shared best practices newsletter to be shared throughout the hotel portfolio
- Monitoring of Capital deployment on major renovation projects. Ensure compliance with MetLife reporting guidelines related to the capital spend
- Preparation of quarterly hotel valuation changes with narrative on material valuation changes
- Assist in presenting the performance metrics on a quarterly basis to the ESG planning board
- Ongoing review of the hotel branded websites to track opportunities for revenue enhancement, brand initiatives and capital requirements
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling
- Proficiency with ARGUS (Argus Enterprise a plus), Word and PowerPoint
- Team oriented with excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance
- 1-3 years of experience with commercial real estate valuation/ARGUS models
- 3+ years of commercial real estate experience with various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotels preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable business-related field required, MBA or equivalent preferred
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.