- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Hotel Front Desk Agent-75%�Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United StatesNew�Food Services�4 hours ago Post Date�85539 Requisition #ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DININGENTERPRISES:
StanfordUniversity, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart ofCalifornia's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching andresearch universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicatedto finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadershipin a complex world.
Residential &Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at StanfordUniversity, supports theacademic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services tostudents and other members of the university community in a sustainable andfiscally responsible manner. R&DE comprises 11000+ staff in the followingdivisions: Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP Office), StudentHousing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries,Stanford Conferences, and a team of four R&DE strategic business partners:Finance & Administration including Information Technology, Human Resources,Strategic Communications, and Maintenance Operations & Capital Planning.R&DE houses 13,000+ students and their dependents while serving over6.5 million meals annually to students, conference, catering, retail, and concessionguests.
ABOUT STANFORD HOSPITALITY & AUXILIARIES:StanfordHospitality & Auxiliaries, a division within R&DE at StanfordUniversity is committed to excellence and the highest level of customerservice. It is recognized nationally for operating at “the cutting edge” of theindustry receiving exceptional service ratings and numerous awards, includingthe Restaurant & Institutions Magazine Ivy Award for excellence in foodservice and hospitality. The Ivy Award is one of the industry’s mostprestigious and coveted awards, give to those operations that meet the higheststandards of food, hospitality and service. With R&DE’s vision “to be thebest in the business” Stanford Hospitality and Auxiliaries is a Certified GreenBusiness practicing sustainability in its purchasing and using equipment andprocesses that reduce solid waste and preserve natural resources. The highestActerra Sustainability Award was received in 2006, in recognition of theseinitiatives
Provide superiorhotel-style customer service to visitors of the Stanford Guest House at a24-hour front desk.
- Answer multiple phone lines in a fast-paced and distracting environment; collect or pass messages to/from guests and employees as required.
- Coordinate email travel inquiries with internal and external customers.
- Perform routine hotel functions, such as taking reservations and registering and checking out guests.
- Perform basic concierge duties, including assisting with travel and transportation arrangements, informing guests about local amenities, coordinating guest dry cleaning, and securing guest valuables in safe deposit boxes.
- Perform basic porter duties, including delivering guest packages, faxes, and mail, assisting guests with luggage transportation and storage, escorting guests to their rooms as required, and driving shuttle van to locations within the Stanford community.
- Ensure guest safety and satisfaction by monitoring building access and maintaining key controls, submitting minor repair work orders, and coordinating room preparation with housekeeping.
- Review daily transactions for accuracy; prepare account billing for financial processing.
* - Other duties mayalso be assigned
High school diplomaor G.E.D certification and six months of customer service experience in afast-paced, hospitality-industry setting.
Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Demonstrated accurate cash handling knowledge and experience.
- English language fluency.
- Business writing acumen to originate and respond to correspondence.
- Valid California Non-commercial Class driver's license.
- Constantly stand/walk throughout an 8 hour shift; constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently use a telephone, writing by hand.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; lift/carry/push/pull objects (luggage) that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 40 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class Driver's license and drive a non-commercial vehicle, day or night, transporting guests locally.
* - Consistent withits obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonableaccommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Will work variable shifts (evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays) within a 24-hour, seven day per week operation.
- Must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University requirements when operating university-owned vehicles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7618
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: B
- Requisition ID: 85539