- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18.14 - $22.26 gross per hour
- Palo Alto
The Palo Alto Art Center
The Palo Alto Art Center is your place to see and make art, activate your creativity and expand your community. Created by the community, for the community in 1971, the Palo Alto Art Center provides an accessible and welcoming place to engage with art. We serve approximately 150,000 people every year through a diverse range of programs.
The House Manager position involves significant public engagement and customer service, supporting Art Center customers during events, both public and private. This is a part-time position that will work less than 614 hoursper fiscal year.
- Provide set-up and breakdown of furniture and equipment for Art Center events including opening receptions, lectures, parties, facility rentals and art festivals
- Enforce facility rules and regulations and provide general event support and troubleshooting for rentals
- Potential to provide office coverage for regular Art Center staff during off-hours and vacations
Work Hours and Schedule:
On-call, as needed.
Equivalent to graduation from high school. Some experience with customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with and coordinate diverse groups of people
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work in an office environment in a publicly accessible building, answering of phones and sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
Possession of a California Driver's License
Ability to lift 50 pounds
- customer service