- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Independent Healthcare Properties
Morning Pointe is taking applications for future positions that will be coming open. If you have beenlooking for a career in Senior Living apply today!
Do you have a true passion for providing care to seniors in their time of need? The Morning Pointe difference seeks to provide opportunities for growth in a positive family atmosphere. We strive to translate our associates' passion into meaningful experiences that provide our residents with the highest quality of care.
This position is part of the Morning Pointe Operations Team, a resident-focused, high performance, high commitment work team that supports the Morning Pointe purpose of “partnering with families in meeting the challenges of life”. The housekeeping staff is responsible for making sure that the common areas and residents apartments are cleaned in accordance with Morning Pointe Policies and Procedures.
Must be at least 18 years old. Experience in housekeeping work in a service environment is preferred. Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential. Demonstrated support and understanding of the philosophy of Morning Pointe and the five domains of health (physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social) is required. A flexible work schedule is also a necessity.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the entire Morning Pointe team to build relationships and strong communication with residents and families to ensure adjustment to the community and identification of needs for each individual resident.
- Verify cleaning requirements and requests with each resident and/or family member.
- Provide weekly housekeeping services to residents to include, removing bed linens and remaking the bed, vacuuming, light dusting, mopping floors and thorough cleaning of the bathrooms. If the apartment has a small kitchen area, ensure that it too, is thoroughly cleaned.
- Vacuum halls and common areas daily, and as needed.
- Mop all common area flooring twice a week or as needed.
- Dust and polish furniture and baseboards in all common areas twice a week.
- Clean all common area windows and mirrors as often as needed; check twice a week.
- Clean public restrooms and empty trash cans twice daily, and as needed.
- Keep any front door glass clean and the porches swept off and free of debris.
- Assist with carpet cleaning in common areas and dining room.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor on the shift in which they occur.
- Dispose of all waste in accordance with established policies.
- Carry out special duties or projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information.
- Knock and wait for resident’s response before entering a resident’s room to clean.
- Report complaints to the supervisor.
- Adhere to the facility dress code.
- Adhere to the facility attendance policy.
- Provide consistent customer service to residents, guests and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Physical Demands:
This position is classified as HEAVY, requiring exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift/move objects. Functional requirements including constant standing and walking. Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, turning and stretching. Finger and hand dexterity required. Visual and hearing acuity along with the ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions are essential.
- Chattanooga, TN 37421
About the company