- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Palo Alto
HP Labs is an international research organization with its headquarters and largest facility located in Palo Alto, CA. As HP's central research organization, HP Labs' purpose is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advancements that provide a competitive advantage for HP. This is done by investing fundamental science and future technology areas that are of interest to HP.
The 3D lab at HP Labs is seeking a qualified candidate for a mechanical engineer with 3D printing process and design experience, supporting and contributing to research activities in Printed Electronics. Primary activities involve developing and optimizing 3D print processes for advanced 3D printing applications, especially involving voxel functionalization and electronics design.
Please visit HP’s Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology websites for more information:
- Supporting and contributing to the research and development of advanced polymer 3D printing methods, including voxel-scale control of material properties during 3D printing
- Developing and optimizing process and design for expressing advanced 3D material properties in 3D prints
- Contribute as a team member with research scientists and engineers carrying out the investigation, design, development, and execution of scientific research projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
- Work independently to execute portions of research plans, investigative procedures, and effectively execute research for assigned investigations.
- Develop and carry out protocols and processes for collecting, recording, and analyzing data; and communicate results and conclusions to team members for review and feedback.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical engineer, Electrical engineer, chemical engineer, Polymer / Materials Science, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience, including graduate or postgraduate research and/or industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in 3D process and design; CAD, electronics design, and/or metrology testing
- Experience with polymers, composites, and/or interface science
- Understanding of ink and 3D printing basics
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking towards solving complex physical science challenges
- Experience with CAD applications, EE CAD, and/or other design software
- Experience with a 3D printing applications and/or tools
- Experience with electromechanical design and understanding of mechatronics
- Experience with complex electronic system firmware and hardware
- Experience with electronic system integration, microcontroller implementation, and system design
- Understanding of polymer and nanomaterials applications, materials testing, and evaluation methods
- Understanding of electronic and mechanical properties of materials
About the company
The Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) is an American global information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It develops and provides a wide variety of hardware components as well as software and related services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.