- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
HPC Server Performance Engineer:
AMD's is looking for an outstanding technical contributor to help optimize performance of AMD-based next-generation servers for its cloud and enterprise customers. As a passionate and dedicated HPC Server Systems Performance Architect in the Server Performance Group, you will optimize workloads for throughput and latency by identifying opportunities across all parts of system architecture, spanning the application and related frameworks, the Java Virtual Machine, operating system, hypervisor, network and storage drivers, BIOS, CPU core, memory & I/O subsystems. You will collect and analyze performance profiling data and traces from customer deployments of AMD based servers to quantify and isolate performance bottlenecks, and share the insights to help drive features into the next generation of server CPUs and software stack components. The ideal candidate is expected to be well informed on latest trends in the cloud (e.g. storage, security, IoT), and be able to quickly ascertain, in a data-driven manner, how next generation server CPUs and platforms should be engineered to support those needs
- Establishes and maintains AMD's technological leadership position
- Considered technical leader across project and departmental boundaries and has a proven track record for sustained innovation.
- Is responsible for projects or processes of significant strategic or commercial importance and for project/program results
- Deals with problems requiring cutting edge approaches and champions innovation across the organization
- Makes technical decisions that have a significant impact on product families, go to market strategies and customer satisfaction
- Has business and technical time horizon of generally 6 to 18 months.
- Accountability on project execution with significant influence on project/product time-to-market schedules.
- Provides consultative direction with senior management
- Coaches and mentors experienced staff
- Represents AMD to the outside technical community, partners and vendors
- Work closely with other team members to understand design architecture and to propose solutions to improve/enhance performance with given SoC/IP and markets.
- Micro-benchmarking, analyzing and tracing various benchmarks, workload characterization, competitive analysis on various hardware platforms, identifying bottlenecks and proposing feedback and solutions for performance improvement.
- Developing tools and methodology for performance modeling, workloads analysis.
- Proposing, communicating and implementing solutions to issues.
- Lead technical teams, participate and present in executive reviews on product planning and execution.
- Participate in collaborative development and workload performance optimization with AMD’s partners/customers.
- Exceptional foundation in systems architecture, cutting across CPU, memory, storage and I/O subsystems
- Strong exposure to complex cloud or enterprise software stacks such as Hadoop, Spark, Oracle or other database,
- Power user of performance profiling tools, preferably x86 based (e.g. linux perf, Windows perfmon)
- Experience with hardware performance counter monitoring tools
- Knowledge of OS internals and kernel parameter tuning experience
- Exposure to cloud/enterprise performance benchmarks is a plus (SPECjbb, VMMark, etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- 5 years relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) and Machine Learning (ML) codes, build recipes, and tuning (e.g. compiler and OpenMP and MPI, various frameworks) is a plus!
- Master’s degree required, PhD preferred, emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science with SoC/IP performance studies.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regar