- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Support a global project to update HR policies
- Assist with inventory of HR policy documents by each AMD country
- Assist with edit and update of documents
- Assist with design of document repository
- Assist with development of a global governance model to ensure continual review and update of polices
- HR / Business / Economics /Government degree preferred
- Highly responsible and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a global setting
- Familiar with MS office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Job Function:Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
- ms project
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.