- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care, is a global leader in with-patient testing, empowering clinicians with the tools to provide fast, accurate insights to transform the delivery of care. Through the use of portable blood analyzers, testing at the “point of care” streamlines the diagnostic process and helps ensure patients receive the most effective and efficient care when and where it is needed.
With-patient testing offers benefits that extend beyond the bedside. It allows users to improve efficiencies and productivity; simplify processes and procedures; comply with regulatory and performance mandates; and reduce staff burden by bringing the focus back where it belongs: on the patient..
Abbott Point of Care is seeking a Human Resources Manager to serve as the primary strategic partner for the DVP, U.S. Commercial and Senior Director, Global Commercial Excellence. We are looking for a strategic business partner who can drive business success through attracting, managing, developing, and retaining talent. This is a great entry point into Abbott, with the opportunity to grow into progressively complex HR leadership roles. The role reports to the HR Director, Abbott Point of Care.
- In partnership with business leaders, develop and implement a talent plan that ensures the organization has the right talent to deliver on financial commitments, consistent team performance and a sustainable talent bench for business growth over several years.
- Collaborates closely with business leaders to define and implement business-specific programs to ensure a culture of high performance, engagement and overall organization effectiveness.
- Develop the breadth and depth of business model, competitive landscape and division strategies understanding to assess talent implications and align human resources initiatives and resources accordingly.
- Implements Abbott Point of Care talent strategy and processes within the assigned business teams; partners with senior leaders to translate talent strategy into relevant actions, metrics and milestones.
- Ensures talent acquisition, talent development, and succession practices are effectively operationalized within the assigned business teams.
- Ensures business priorities are shared with Practice and Service Centers, so that appropriate resource planning and priorities can be aligned.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that business decisions and actions are fully executed per the agreed upon plans.
Education: Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in client-facing human resources business partnering roles driving talent management and employee relations programs and initiatives.
- Minimum 2 years of experience partnering with business partners and HR colleagues across multiple geographies (international experience is a plus).
- 2 years of experience working in matrixed environments and successfully delivering results through collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage business acumen and interpersonal savvy to influence senior business leaders.
- Experience deploying priorities across multiple locations (across multiple countries and cultures is highly desirable).
- Knowledge of all facets of Human Resources including talent acquisition, total rewards, talent assessment and development, culture and employee engagement, and performance management.
This position needs to be based in Princeton, NJ. No international relocation or visa sponsorship provided.
CHR Corporate Human Resources
United States Princeton : 400 College Road East
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.