- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Human Resources Assistant
Parks & Resorts
Process, track and manage attendance and cash handling (variance) discipline by drafting employee discipline letters and incident reports for managers to administer.
Attend weekly communication meetings with HR Manager and respective management team to review Team Members attendance/variance record to verify if discipline is warranted.
Working alongside HR Manager to ensure all attendance issues are resolved and escalated if/when necessary with interpreting union contract language for consistency. Provide entry gate swiping activity information as needed.
Communicates and processes leave of absence correspondence, creates workflow forms and sends necessary paperwork to employees. Processes claims, and tracks time off due to all Leave of Absence including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, FMLA, Parental Leave, Professional Leave and Disability.
Responsible for uploading/filing Team Member documents.
Provides general HR information to employee questions.
Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business, Communication or related field is highly preferred
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Demonstrated ability to drive processes and to deliver high quality HR services
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments in retail or hospitality industry preferred
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• Can easily multi task and manage multiple projects
Sub-BusinessUSH Human Resources
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.