- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $70,000.00 - $79,999.00 gross per year
Title: Human Resources Director
Company: Nerd Street Gamers
Location: Nerd Street Gamers HQ - Philadelphia, PA
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: Executive/Senior-Level Official and Director
Nerd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors.
The HR Director will oversee all human capital efforts for the company. The HR Director’s goal is to collaborate with management team to craft the company’s vision and mission. Also, this role will act as a strategic advisor and partner for the executive team in driving the long-term growth of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with management team to craft the company’s vision and mission
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (training, career tracks, compensation etc.)
- Build performance management culture of accountability and expectations
- Strategic partner and advocate future scalability
- Hire, guide and evaluate the work of executives and individual contributors
- Decide and act on initiatives for equal opportunity, diversity etc.
- Lead Talent Acquisition efforts across multiple platforms
- Re-engineer processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies
- Prepare reports for the CEO/COO using business metrics and KPIs
- Benefits administration
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources and 5-7 years of progressive HR experience
- Extensive professional experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on scalability and process improvement- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
- MBA preferred.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of local and federal labor law
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
· The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.