- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Human Resources Generalist About Us Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources (HR) Generalist supports a subset of a designated employee population by executing key strategies relating to people management. The HR Generalist counsels all levels of employees regarding performance issues, employee development, succession planning, performance management, and workforce planning.
- Provides human resources advice, consultation and guidance to leadership and employees to include coaching and counseling on policy interpretation issues and resolution.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the industry and assigned areas of responsibility to serve as an effective business partner.
- Implements, interprets and communicates corporate policies, programs and procedures to all employees.
- Leads new hire orientation to ensure onboarding process is complete and in compliance with Company guidelines.
- Provides support for activities related to federal and state laws and regulations governing human resources practices including but not limited to; Fair Labor Standards Act, Work Authorization and Employment Eligibility Verification, Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Facilitates organizational development initiatives including performance management and talent assessment.
- Conducts initial employee relations investigations when necessary and shares findings with HR leadership.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding the development and coaching of employees within the group supported.
- Coaches and trains managers and supervisors on their communication and feedback skills, ensuring a fair and consistent environment for all employees.
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees and reviews, guides and approves management recommendations for corrective action, including termination of employment
- Analyzes, interprets and reports on data such as turnover and engagement
- Serves as co-chair on the corporate-wide engagement action planning committee.
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of human resources experience with an emphasis on employee relations, onboarding or employee engagement strategy.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Rewarding Compensation and Benefits Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: 2/21/2020 9:11:03 PM Job Type: Exempt Req #: R-017443 Location: MI-Jenison- (49428) Job Category: Human Resources
About the company