- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Job TitleHuman Resources SpecialistPosting NumberStaff 2014001021FLSANon-ExemptLevelFull-time/ Part-timeFull-timeIs this a temporary Position?No Position Summary Information
Job Description SummaryPosition Responsibilities
- Perform day-to –day administration of the Human Resources’ office by maintaining sensitive files, answer and direct incoming phone calls as appropriate, maintaining calendars, scheduling meeting, arranging travel, processing travel expense reports and expenditures for reimbursement including monitoring expenses to ensure conformance with budget
- Responsible for providing general clerical support to HR personnel, including, but not limited to: answering phones, triaging internal and external calls and emails to the appropriate HR professional assuring a timely response to questions.
- Responsible for tracking and organizing training across the University. Responsible for sending out reminders ensuring the process for delivering training is running efficiently.
- Responsible for the day-to-day data entry, and monitoring of HR budget
- Compilation of presentation materials as needed; processing incoming and outgoing departmental mail and inter-office correspondence; handling logistics for weekly and bi-weekly departmental meetings and other meetings as requested, including reserving the facilities
- Responsible for the scanning of personal information and other documents within the HR office
- Assist the HR staff with related task in reference to compliance requirements, monthly pension audits and mass mailings
- Assists with the planning and implementation of Human Resources events
- Assist with the handling essential recruitment tasks, including job openings, reviewing resumes, calling candidates, and scheduling interviews.
- Responsible for creating forms, templates, and other HR-related documents
- Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and termination.
- Type, proofread and word process a variety of correspondence, letters, forms and documents from rough draft, verbal instruction or dictation; compile data and prepare various reports.
- Provide front counter assistance; screen office visitors and provide information on Human Resources services and programs; respond to requests for information and distribute appropriate forms or applications.
- Maintain inventory of forms, office supplies and other general supplies for assigned Human Resources and Administrative Services; order supplies as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and records for highly confidential human resources information; monitor various logs, accounts and files for current and accurate information.
- Assist with other projects, administrative duties and initiatives as assigned by the Human Resources
- Performance of about duties require you to be at work
Experience, and SkillsMinimum Qualifications
- High school degree with 6 years of experience working in a Human Resources office or related experience.
- Associates degree in business, HR or customer service related field
Experience, and SkillsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in HR related field
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Posting Detail Information
Close DateOpen Date11/25/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this PostingAn equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
Reference Request Details
Maximum Number of Reference Requests3Minimum Number of Reference Requests2Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- How do you embrace Diversity? (Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- customer service
- human resources