- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $34,840.00 - $44,994.00 gross per year
- Clarendon County
- Develops preventive maintenance and repair program throughout facility for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Establishes on-call procedures and responds to calls.
- Determines requirements for preventive maintenance and repair supplies and equipment and prepares justification for and requisitions, supplies/equipment
- Remains abreast of new techniques/procedures/equipment in functional area and recommends the procurement of, and assists in supervising the installation of, new equipment.
- Work involves overtime and 24-hour on-call responsibilities for emergency repairs.
- Determines requirements for plumbing supplies and equipment and prepares justification for and requisitions all supplies.
- Remains abreast of new plumbing techniques, procedures and equipment in functional area and recommends the procurement of and assists in supervising the installation of new plumbing and sewage disposal equipment.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A High School Diploma and Trade Experience that is directly related to the area of employment.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
A High School Diploma and Five (5) years' experience in General Maintenance, Installation and/or repairs of Heating/Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems.
Must be EPA Universal Certified for Refrigeration Systems.
Must attend SCDC Basic Training.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has to met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources