- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Wichita Falls
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations
As a software engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative team responsible for developing, testing and debugging our new hyper-converged storage product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person for whom we are looking!
What You Will Do
- Design, implement and verify features, systems and subsystems.
- Provide leadership to team on technical projects and participate in technical decisions.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that contribute towards team, department and company goals.
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field, with four or more years of software development experience.
- Ability to design and develop features and provide automated tests, leveraging advanced expertise in Python.
- Proficiency in product development and support within a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of design patterns and experience in building good solutions.
- Experience with at least one hypervisor technology.
- Experience building HTML templates with CSS extensions like SASS or LESS.
- Proficient understanding of standard development tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Ability to participate in and drive technical discussions with your team and other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and optimization for features and systems.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
You Might Also Have
- Proficiency in at least one dynamically typed language such as Java, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with containers and VMs in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with network programming/debugging/configuration.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Jenkins as build and test environment.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments.
What You'll Love About Us
Our culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
Health benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
Financial and savings programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
Work-life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
Global diversity, inclusion and belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us and we’ll help each other do our best work!