- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
- An exciting opportunity within our Investment Banking Capital Markets (IBCM) Division where you will be part of the Debt Capital Markets (DCMS) Ratings Advisory team.
- An opportunity to handle various facets of ratings-related work in your industry sectors with CS Bankers and Corporate Clients. You will work on both investment-grade and high-yield rating situations, corporate and financial-sponsor clients.
- The responsibility to provide rating and capital structure estimates, mentorship and advice for an extensive range of proposed transactions.
- The opportunity to contribute credit positioning points, identifying key credit factors for issuers for use in agency presentations.
- A position allowing you to prepare clients for interactions with the rating agencies including contribution to/critiquing management presentations, providing "dry-run" feedback and advice prior to agency meetings, and attending agencies meetings with clients.
- A role where you will call on rating agency personnel to facilitate and advocate for client rating outcomes.
- Proven academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting and at least 5 years of relevant experience (Corporate rating experience preferred, but other fundamental corporate credit/banking experience will also be considered).
- Deep understanding of wide-ranging rating agency rating criteria and methodologies as well as a relationships and familiarity with rating agency personnel are crucial.
- Fluency in working with rating agency-adjusted financials to develop cash-flow forecasts as well as models and methods for estimating loss/recovery in default and issue-level notching.
- In addition, experience with the following Industries: technology, telecom, media, healthcare, financial institutions (banks, asset managers, non-bank finance companies, insurance companies, etc.), real estate are an advantage.
- Deep understanding of banking products including bond and bank loans, hybrid instruments, equities, M&A are required for this role.
- Self starter who takes initiative and highly motivated; capable of working independently.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment, under short deadlines and often with limited information.
- Strong ability to multi-task with high attention to detail; Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Working knowledge or fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese for use with Latin America-based issuers.
- real estate