- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health care network is composed of an academic medical center, two community hospitals and more than 25 primary and specialty care health centers and clinics. The Froedtert & MCW health network offers exceptional care in the community and streamlined, coordinated access to specialty expertise, clinical trials and the full range of tertiary care capabilities of eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center when the need for more complex treatment arises.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff, providing a work environment full of encouragement, innovation, collaboration, and respect.
We are honored to be recognized in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as a Top Workplace by WorkplaceDynamics for five consecutive years. Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America
CURRENT ICU OPENINGS:
Medical ICU- Sepsis, Respiratory Failure/chronic Respiratory Conditions, GI Bleeding, Acute and Chronic Liver/renal Failure, Pulmonary Edema/pulmonary Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetic Ketoacidosis/hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Nonketotic Coma, Hypertensive Emergencies/crises, Acute Drug Overdoses, Multi-Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, Systemic Shock, Medication Desensitization and IL-2.
Transplant ICU- Abdominal Solid Organ Transplant Patients with a focus on Pre - (and Post) Liver Transplants.
Surgical ICU - Trauma, Surgical Oncology, Complex General Surgery, Thoracic, ENT and Plastic Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery Patients.
Cardiovascular ICU- Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy, and Cardiac Arrhythmia Patients.
Neuro ICU - Stroke, Neuro-Interventional procedures, Neurovascular Surgery, Epilepsy, Spinal Cord Injury, and Brain Injury Patients.
The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition (2010).
- At least 1 year of Critical Care experience
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to areaof employment
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within 90 days.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.