- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 28 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Manages processes and projects for the company, often across Business Units and Geographic Regions. Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations and/or projects. Operates effectively across all areas of the business operations including: General Accounting & Reporting, Statutory Reporting and general operational and corporate transactions. Ensures that financial transactions are in compliance with corporate policy, statutory requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Leads the project management, requirement gathering, implementation, support and maintenance of IDeaS processes financial and accounting systems. Ensures processes and systems adhere to all applicable audit standards and controls. Responsible for the successful coordination and management of transactional level finance duties in the US office. The job will include projects that are associated with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Bank Reconciliations.
• Oversees the development and operation of financial systems and/or processes.
• Manage Finance projects by scoping, creating and updating project plans.
• Daily management, task setting and monitoring of projects, working closely with all internal team members.
• Train, mentor, develop staff and delegate and manage key responsibilities considering department, division, and corporate priorities and goals.
• Research and/or assess the financial implications of business opportunities and risks.
• Work with internal partners in project definition, monitoring, risk identification and mitigation.
• Set, communicate and continually manage project expectations with managers and participants in a timely and clear fashion.
• Provide presentations on projects (e.g. scope, deliverables and schedule) as requested.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, cross-sector partners, matrixed partners, external vendors, etc.) across diverse departments in multiple global locations to meet mutual goals and objectives.
• Create, maintain and use project templates within current department technologies (Wrike/SharePoint).
• Identify best practices and tools for project execution with a view to continuous improvement.
• Assign tasks and responsibilities to appropriate subject matter experts for creation of new materials.
• Facilitate knowledge sharing through cross-training and mentoring. Actively encourages the flow of information and understanding amongst teams.
• Resolve problems with minimal management assistance, escalate appropriately.
• ake proactive action to address misalignments, miscommunications, and differences among each of the project teams.
• Promote team spirit and teamwork culture.
• Performs other projects and transactions as required by management and business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
• 8+ years of a senior accounting, controlling or a financial analysis role in a multinational organization.
• 2+ years of previous management or supervisory experience
• Strong internal control knowledge for both systems and processes
• Keen understanding of the interrelationship between projects and tasks to assess potential risks and outcomes.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Stellar verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills for interaction across functions, cultures and business levels.
• Extremely organized with attention to detail and effective time management skills.
• Project management skills
• Ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data in a multi-currency environment
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), local statutory differences, and tax impacts of both
• Ability to make formal presentations to management
• Ability to research technical issues and document conclusions
• Basic understanding of legal contracts and concepts and ability to apply to tasks
• Ability to guide various accounting functions and ensure transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within tight deadlines and budgetary constraints.
• SharePoint Administrator/Designer experience
• Reporting and data analysis skills
• Audit Experience
• May require business related participation outside of standard office hours
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
About the company
SAS helps you make sense of the message. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms your data into insights that give you a fresh perspective on your business. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.