- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Import Customer Service Representative - 00001US0
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Flexibility in work schedule is essential. We operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We will require overtime, holiday scheduling, and weekend shifts as necessary.
What you will be doing
We are World Courier, an AmerisourceBergen Company; World Courier is a provider of premium logistics services and the leading global specialty supplier of transportation, storage and distribution services for multinational biopharmaceutical clinical trials. With more than 2,500 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Import Customer Service Representative works closely with Brokerage, Operations, Agents and
coordinate and update International inbound
to delivery by:
- Routing all
- Arranging delivery with US consignees, including arranging after hour and weekend deliveries.
- Maintaining record
of client preferences
- Maintaining hours of
operation for major clients including holiday hours.
- Entering inbound
orders from international agents controlled by NYC
PAP, SDQ, etc.).
- Liaising with Dispatch, Forwarding and Receiving, and World Customs Brokers for job status
- Monitoring the Imports Note Browser
for brokerage status.
- Monitoring the late POD screen.
- Creating, coordinating and handling return packaging or probe jobs.
- Handling incoming agent calls
POD’s, Dispatch, etc…
- Booking flights where applicable.
- Arranging for appropriate vehicles for specific
shipments (overweight, cold
- Monitoring cold
chain concerns for direct imports into secondary gateways.
- Monitoring cold
shipments destined to the
- Addressing international office concerns
e.g. Best port of
entry, Cold Chain Storage,
- Trucking charges,
- Communicating with
High Profile clients with special imports needs e.g. ASML,
professionalism on the phone and in the office.
Excellent Customer Service to internal and external clients.
together as a team with all departments and offices.
suggestions and recommendations to Supervisor/Manager in an effort to
continually improve customer service operations.
with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
related duties as assigned.
in the training of new employees.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- College Education and/or industry
- Requires broad training in fields such
as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or
similar vocations generally obtained through a combination of experience and
- Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related experience.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive
attitude & self-motivated
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both
orally and in writing
- Ability to resolve customer issues
quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Strong organizational skills; attention
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong typing/data entry skills.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with World Courier services and operations
What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergen AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Florida-Miami
4429-4439 Northwest 97th Ave.
JobCustomer Service/Call Center Jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran