- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Menlo Park
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Industrial Engineer provides plant manufacturing with support in the areas of line speed calculations and reporting, throughput evaluation, headcount justification, capacity analysis, and downtime evaluation. As part of the Business Excellence department, the Industrial Engineer also supports the plant with BEx expertise and training. The Industrial Engineer is accountable for the accuracy of plant performance metrics and labor / material standards. In addition, the Industrial Engineer is accountable for the overall performance of the employee suggestion (ACE) program.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Monitoring and reporting metrics for all plant production areas
- Developing and maintaining annual plant line speed and material loss rates.
- Actively supporting the site Business Excellence effort
- Observing, analyzing, and supporting operations leading to business process improvement recommendations
- Coaching / mentoring Green Belt teams on the proper application of Lean Six
- Sigma tools
- Facilitating the generation of project charters with internal customers
- Solving problems that have a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional processes, and difficult coordination requirements
- Providing Capital and CIP Project support for those projects which affect material loss, labor increases or reduction, and/or throughput changes
- Managing the employee suggestion (ACE) program
- Other plant support as assigned
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence – necessary to understand plant operations
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred – necessary to coach / mentor Green Belt teams
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Must possess good communication, leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel) is a plus.
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.