- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Las Vegas
Apply now »
Industrial Engineering Technician
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV, US, 89103
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 168204
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Wrigley Confectionery is currently seeking an Industrial Engineer in Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada
Purpose of Role:
Measure and manage operational and financial performance of manufacturing facility. Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to continuously improve site performance.
• Applies LEAN manufacturing approach, tools, and techniques to all industrial engineering activity.
• Conducts and co-ordinates studies and analysis to identify and quantify opportunities or shortfalls in value stream operational and/or direct cost financial performance.
• Collects, analyzes, and reports Key Performance Indictors at value stream, facility, and enterprise level, creating and leading KPI based action plans for performance improvement.
• Provide analysis and data on bottleneck capacity analysis for each process function for evaluation of potential capacity constraints.
• Draft capital project reports and provide business analysis justification to senior level management.
• Conducts and co-ordinates studies and analysis to identify and quantify process and product quality and/or capacity constraints and opportunities to increase throughput.
• Provide analysis and data on Overall Equipment Effectiveness for each wrapping function for evaluation of performance.
• Develops proposed equipment layouts, operational designs and material flows, which impact direct cost elements, with a vision toward achieving plant long-term objectives. This function will require continuous interaction with the Technical and Operations groups to insure that operational needs are given full consideration.
• Consult production management teams designed to involve associates at all levels in improving operational effectiveness.
• Provide analytical support and resources to perform studies that verify the effectiveness of solutions implemented by the team.
• Evaluate and recommend information system needs for accumulating operational data and performing routine analysis. Interface with other groups to insure that operational needs are addressed on a priority basis. Assure that the results can be easily understood and communicated to line associates and management on a timely
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States