- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- McCook County
Group: Fluid Connector Grp N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing
Job ID: 16641-1A
Conditions of Employment
Now a $500 hiring bonus for those hired.Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.Essential Functions
* Capable of performing duties associated with an Electrical Mechanical Technician.
* Performs maintenance duties, with limited supervision, maintaining buildings, equipment
* Repairs electrical systems, motors, fork lifts, air conditioning, plumbing, etc. as necessary.
* Constructs machine components as needed.
* Performs electrical work including attachment of machines to electrical circuits and controls;
inspects control panels on equipment.
* Performs general building maintenance duties as needed.
* Constructs and repairs fixtures from wood, plywood, and wallboard per instructions.
* Troubleshoots. repairs and services mechanical equipment, including hydraulics,
pneumatics, air and steam.
* Moves and installs machinery.
* Conducts diagnostic and troubleshooting inspections of equipment. Makes repairs and
adjustments as needed.
* Responsible for recommending improved methods or alternatives to machine operations.
* Operates welding, oxyacetylene torch, drill press, woodworking machinery and lathe. Uses
volt-ohm meters, pipe threading equipment and hand tools.
* Complete paperwork and reports.
* May be called upon to work a variety of hours outside the assigned schedule to perform
emergency repairs and essential installations.
* Keeps work area neat, clean and organized,
* Is responsible for safety and quality as well as appropriate cleanup of completed projects.Major Duties
Performs industrial maintenance duties, with minimum supervision, on equipment, machinery, buildings and grounds. Constructs and installs machinery and performs plumbing, carpentry and electrical work.Qualifications
Required: A minimum of a high school degree and two years experience in industrial maintenance.
Preferred: Trade school, technical or associates degree in industrial technology with emphasis in industrial maintenance and two or more years experience in industrial maintenance.Pay, Benefits, Work Schedule
Starting wages are based upon background and experience with increases when skills are proven. With proven qualifications, our Maintenance Technicians can achieve an hourly rate as high as $25.
Our competitive pay is based upon qualifications and education. Parker also supplies a competitive benefits package which includes: low premium-low deductible medical, dental and vision insurance's, paid vacation, profit sharing, eleven paid holidays, 401K, pension, shift differential and life and disability insurance.
Positions are available on our 11 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. shift and 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. shift. Opportunities to bid to other shifts occur periodically.Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)How To Apply
Internet applications are being accepted at Parker.com, in the careers section. Paper applications are available at our offices located at 400 South Street, McCook. For assistance with the internet application process or to discuss careers with Parker contact the Workforce Development nearest you.
Please attach a resume with contact information to your application. FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE LINKS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR SYSTEM.Location
This position is located at the McCook, Nebraska manufacturing facility. The McCook plant was built in 1971 and is a major employer in the area. In addition to the production of a variety of low pressure rubber hoses we also produce millions of pounds of rubber compounds. Located near the Kansas and Colorado borders, McCook provides a variety of entertainment and retail opportunities. McCook has a top rated golf course, three lakes within one hour, an up to date YMCA and newly renovated hospital and clinic facilities. In addition to local activities, we are located 4 hours from Omaha or Denver. For more information on the area search: https://www.mccookgazette.com/reader/playbook
About the company