- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now »
Industrial Maintenance Technician-Controls
LOCATION: Waco, TX, US, 76712
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 192666
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role: Support / Line Coverage
The Controls Technician is responsible for the development of control systems for automating manufacturing processes and wrapping systems in response to project requirements. Controls design includes developing control concepts, program design, coding and implementation, instrumentation selection and operator interface development. Additionally, the technician also directs the modification and installation of control systems; facilitates the transfer of knowledge of control systems and electrical projects; Supports and maintain controls networks, web servers, data historian and operator interface systems.
1. Achieve and maintain a high level of technical competency.
2. Support engineering projects by designing control systems utilizing standardized design methodologies including Sequential Function Charts, Data Flow Diagrams and SAMA diagrams.
3. Develop and design new computer applications by preparing system flowcharts, report and screen layouts, source documents, and detailed specifications.
4. Prepare job aids, user documentation, systems documentation, standard operating procedures, and training materials for plant automation systems.
5. Direct the work activities of outside contractors, maintenance technicians, and other associates in the installation of instrumentation, PLC based control systems, and PC based operator interfaces.
6. Provide project planning and estimate moderately complex jobs.
7. Act as technical resource to operations/maintenance on controls related issues including troubleshooting, analysis and recommending practical corrective actions for control related problems.
8. Identify opportunities and recommend changes to improve plant performance utilizing current control systems or by improving current systems
9. Troubleshoot control system applications and make necessary modifications to get the systems up and running again.
10. Troubleshoot, analyze, and recommend practical corrective actions for control related problems.
11. Train and support non-technical users on the use of plant
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States