- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
Please note this is a pipeline requisition and that we currently do not have any job opening assign to it. If you believe this role is a fit for your skill set, we do encourage you to apply and we will contact you once an opening becomes available. The role will likely involve AM and PM shifts.
Electro-Mechanic - Bulleit Distillery Louisville
Stitzel-Weller is one of the true cathedrals of the American whiskey industry. Located only 5 miles from downtown Louisville, the Bulliet Frontier Whiskey Experience is one of the most convenient and impressive along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Stitzel-Weller is seeking General Operators to join their bottling team. The General Operators would be responsible for a variety of tasks and activities within our high-speed bottling facility.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain production and other plant machinery including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. Incumbent must have a solid understanding of the operation of the following:
Pumps, Valves, Mix Proof Valves, Instruments, CIP or Other Cleaning Systems,
High Speed Packaging:
Depalletizer, Empty bottles Inspector, Rinser, Fillers, Cappers, Labeling Equipment, Case Packers, Ink and Laser Coders, Palletizers, Stretch Wrappers, Conveying systems
- Understand and know NEC code, able to work on 3 phase, 480 V system as well 230/240v.
- Knowledgeable in electronic devices and able to program variable frequency drives (VFD)
- Understanding and experience in use of control logic, and capable of troubleshooting PLC’s. Capable of writing minor PLC code
- Understanding and capability to troubleshoot power transmission system; such as motors, gear boxes, bearings, belts, shafts, belts, etc.
- Capable of performing machine centers preventive and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Prepare, start up or set up various production equipment
- Complete machine centers and/production line change overs
- Respond to and troubleshoot site wide service calls
- Perform facility maintenance tasks as assigned
- Uses machine shop instrumentation and equipment to fabricate repair parts.
- Maintains equipment parts and supplies inventories.
- Machines, fabricates, welds and fastens materials, using engine lathe vertical milling machine, horizontal universal milling machine, drill press, boring bar, hydraulic press, metal hear and brake press.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of the preventive, predictive, corrective, and improvement sections of the maintenance program.
- Requisitions necessary tolls, equipment and supplies.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures, perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
Experience and qualification
- Associate degree, Apprenticeship or equivalent in electromechanical technology or similar with 3 to 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with electrical and mechanical system troubleshooting with a solid understanding of AC and DC voltages and mechanical power transmission systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints, P&ID, PLC code
- Ability to read and understand complex technical documentation
- Experienced in new equipment installation, minor welding and fabrication
- Lifting – Minimum: 20 lbs. constantly Maximum: 100 lbs.* occasionally
- Repetitive Motion – Frequent to operate tools, equipment and machinery
- Dexterity - Frequent to operate power tools and equipment
- Climbing – Occasionally on ladders / platforms, Working at heights occasionally
- Standing / Sitting – Constant standing, Frequent bending
- Walking – Continuous
- Pushing – Frequent moving machine parts into and out of position, tool carts, etc.
- Pulling – Frequent moving machine parts into and out of position, tool carts, etc.
- Sitting – Occasional
- Vibration – Occasionally to operate power tools and equipment.
- Other – Lifting is performed with assistance of other workers / equipment.
Indoor, outdoor and shop environment; subject to the following:
- Extreme cold, including icy conditions
- Extreme heat and humidity
- Chemicals, Oils
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.