- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- Mountain View
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As an Industry Partner Marketing Manager, you will be part of a B2B2C partnerships-oriented team. You will partner with Google Nest New Business Development and Devices and Services Industry Partnerships Sales team members to influence industry decision-makers/potential partners to expand their own business models to include Nest, Google, and Google Assistant-enabled product and services bundled offers. You will own the marketing relationship with Google’s most strategic industry partners and collaborate with them on joint marketing programs and campaigns.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of consumer, product, and/or partner marketing experience, including working with external partners.
- Experience in B2B, B2B2C, and two step distribution businesses. Experience engaging consumers through integrated, disruptive marketing activities/events.
- Experience in consumer communications planning and advertising campaign production processes/timelines.
- Agency or client-side media campaign planning and measurement experience. Experience working with external media, creative and event planning agencies, and managing annual marketing budget.
- Passion for emerging technologies and consumer products. Understanding of small- and medium-sized business models.
- Ability to negotiate with partners to create/measure experiences that support brands and products.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
- Collaborate with external partners to influence B2C communications/campaigns, ensuring all initiatives work with Google’s own consumer/product marketing narratives and initiatives.
- Negotiate, create, execute, and measure scalable B2B2C marketing programs that generate increased awareness and consideration for Google and Nest devices through partner-led/co-op marketing activities.
- Assess and provide feedback on partner-provided marketing and media plans to ensure appropriate integration. Liaise with Google Large Customer Sales teams to keep current on joint partner priority marketing initiatives.
- Develop new models to create incremental value for Google’s industry channel distribution partners beyond co-op marketing. Collaborate with external marketing partners and internal analytics, CRM, and customer insights teams to measure and optimize partner-led marketing activities. Share learnings broadly across cross-functional teams.
- Identify, create, and scale industry-specific partner marketing asset kits to support partner-led go-to-market activities.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate