- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Supervisor, Inpatient Coding AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time- You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supervises, develops and coaches the coders, motivating and supporting others in overcoming barriers to understanding.
- Assists with the Coding Quality Review Program, collaborating with the Coding Quality Auditor to sustain an excellent organizational average accuracy rate while maintaining adherence to corporate compliance.
- Performs data quality reviews on inpatient records to validate the ICD-9-CM/PCS or ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS appropriateness; reviews the chart for missed secondary diagnoses and procedures, verifies DRG appropriateness, and ensures compliance with all coding guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Monitors Medicare and other DRG bulletins and manuals, for upcoming coding and compliance information. Monitors inpatient case mix reports and top DRGs in the facility to identify patterns, trends and variations in the facility’s frequently assigned DRG groups.
- Drives operation efficiency and sustains excellence in coding workflow with accountability for meeting and exceeding established DNFB and accuracy goals. Maintains appropriate scheduling to ensure appropriate work flow and limitation of the use of overtime and utilizing contract help when appropriate. Monitors individual and overall productivity, working to remove barriers and coaching team members on efficiency.
- Provides positive morale maintenance on a routine basis. Fosters positive relationship with fellow workers. Contributes to and promotes departmental performance improvement initiatives and employee engagement.
- Works in conjunction with the Coding Manager to provide in-services and continuing education to the inpatient coding staff, physicians, and departments as needed.
- Participates in job interviewing, testing and selection of new employees; maintains positive morale maintenance in coding and contributes to and promotes departmental performance improvement initiatives and employee engagement
- Completes the required internal audit requirements for the Coding Corporate scorecard monthly.
- Collaborate and serves as a resource to other departments in the Revenue Cycle to ensure business continuity and optimal revenue cycle management. Handles inpatient requests for coding review by other departments/individuals (Patient Financial Services (CBO), Case Management, Revenue Integrity, Quality)
- Uses critical thinking and sound judgment in decision making; keeping reimbursement considerations in balance with regulatory compliance
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional growth, development and continuing education to maintain a high level of proficiency
- Maintains the confidentiality of employees, patients, administrative staff and medical staff information with no infractions
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC certification or credential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of coding experience in an acute care hospital with cases involving a more complex level of coding. All candidates must be able to pass a coding proficiency test with 80% or above.
- Completion of a Coding program with CCS or CPC certification and a high school diploma. Applicant will be required to complete an Associate’s degree in HIM related field within 2 years of hire.
- Completion of ICD- 10 classes/training.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhaustive knowledge of inpatient coding and working knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10CM, ICD-10- PCS, HACs and PSIs.
The Inpatient Coding Supervisor, under general supervision of the Coding Manager, is responsible for the daily operation of the inpatient coding section and has direct oversight of the inpatient coders. The Coding Supervisor works in conjunction with the Coding Quality Auditor and Coding Manager to ensure the integrity of coded data, the education and training of the coding staff, as well as being a resource to the entire organization on issues related to coded data. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- customer service