- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Boca Raton
The transporter is accountable for the safe transport of inpatients throughout the facility. This is a physical job that calls for excellent communication and people skills. Transporters need the strength to help lift patients, the stamina to spend all day on their feet and the communication skills to work with patients, doctors and other hospital staff. Our Ideal Candidate...
The ideal candidate for this department needs to have a positive attitude and maintain professionalism at all times. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable coordinating with doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to take patients from their rooms to various locations. This can mean helping patients in and out of bed, or using wheelchairs and stretchers to get them from room to a room, from one room to another, or down to the testing modalities. He/she will be an effective team player and will be committed to delivering the highest quality of patient care.
• Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association
• Must have previous customer service experience
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One Team. One Mission.
Delivering the highest quality patient care is our mission and it's up to each and every one of us, in every department, to fulfill it. Our patient care team extends well beyond our clinicians and technologists. We all have individual roles to play; but we are all united by our common goals and shared values. It's about collaboration and individual accountability, which makes us better as professionals and as an organization.
The big difference between good and best are small details. That's why we pay unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, patient satisfaction and patient safety. Always going the extra mile for our patients and each other is what makes us a regional health care leader that delivers the highest quality patient care.
• Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
• The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
• In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.
About the company