- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Located in both field and operations support center locations, you will perform complex technical duties working in LD Terminals, customer premises, Local Nodes, and Backbone Regens performing maintenance, site surveys, installation, test & turn-up, fiber locates and preventive maintenance. You may also perform fiber splicing or cable terminations.
You will also perform remote installation and maintenance of customer and network telecommunications circuits and coordinate with various internal and external organizations, to provide quality products and services to Verizon Business customers.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
A. Installing, monitoring, testing and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment and wiring per specifications and operational procedures, both in technical facilities as well as on customer property.
B. Performing testing and diagnostic procedures on equipment according to published equipment standards.
C. Performing fiber locates, monitoring of construction activity, fiber splicing and termination.
D. Assembling, installing, and/or testing transmission equipment channel banks, channel service units (CSU), digital service units (DSU), modems, routers, etc.
E. Installing routers, bridges, multiplexers, concentrators, etc.
F. Completing periodic maintenance on company transmissions support equipment.
G. Maintaining new and existing circuits through troubleshooting and fault isolation techniques; utilizes remote test systems to isolate and resolve customer circuit outages.
H. Coordinating the testing and turn up of service with all involved providers until our customer’s service is fully operational.
I. Performing complex testing on DS0/DS1/DS3 circuits/equipment, to support both installation and maintenance activities.
J. Performing routine testing related to OCN (optical circuits) and next generation services, to support both installation and maintenance activities. Ability to access network equipment to include DXC’s and transport equipment, and utilize remote test systems.
K. Operating a computer or tablet to access applications like email and utilize software such as documents and spreadsheets.
L. Performing complex provisioning functions on DS0/DS1/DS3 circuits/equipment, as well as OCN and next generation services, to support both installation and maintenance activities. Accessing network equipment to include DXC’s, switches, and transport equipment and utilizing remote test systems.
M. May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
• Tests – Results obtained in interviews and tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
• Medical evaluation may be required. Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited to, perceiving differences in wire cable colors, working aloft; climbing ladders, and entering tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
• Where driving is required, a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record is required.
• Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. Associates may be required to work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, non-scheduled days and overtime as the needs of the business require.
• Must meet safety-related requirements including but not limited to those standards of safety imposed by OSHA, state agencies, manufacturers and/or the Company.
Weekly Rate: $1029.50 - $1473.00
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field of study
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.