- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Locations: Vancouver, WA; Corvallis, OR
Business Intelligence - Instant Ink, Auto Replenish Services, Digital Assets
This position is in support of HP Print Services and Solutions (PSS), a growing organization inside of HP, with a focus on Instant Ink subscription model and Auto-Replenishment Service (ARS). The PSS team leads the Internet-of-Things strategy for the consumer print business and is one of the top strategic priorities for the HP Print Business. HP Instant Ink, ARS (Auto-replenishment system) and Digital Assets are designed to ease and automate HP customer journey when purchasing Printing Supplies. You will join an agile and diverse team, responsible for testing, launching, and optimizing solutions for our print customers.
PSS Instant Ink Business Intelligence – Technical Program Manager
This role is part of the Business Intelligence team that develops and supports data analysis and visualization products to empower data-driven business strategies at HP for the PSS organization. As a BI Technical Program Manager, you will develop a general technical understanding of our dynamic BI and Data Reporting platforms, develop and own the roadmap, and take over day-to-day responsibility over managing incoming requests and balancing resource needs.
You will also facilitate collaboration between the Business Intelligence team, Engineering team, and business partners to formulate BI solutions, set timelines, create product rollout plans.
Ideal candidate is action-oriented, with extensive reporting and data modeling background, analytical skills, strong project management and interpersonal skills.
BI Technical Program Management
Define, manage, and evaluate business plans for developing, deploying, and supporting data-driven business solutions. Collaborate with Business Intelligence analysts, data scientists, developers, engineers, QA analysts and data visualization experts to develop products that serve business needs:
- Collect and understand business needs, prototype and validate functional requirements.
- Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, and testability.
- Design, develop and drive appropriate QA processes and procedures to ensure data quality
- Lead a team of technical BI developers in the delivery of high valued BI solutions.
- Facilitate internal and external documentation for team products and resources, including management and tracking of data sources, data/ETL process owners, product licensing, etc.
- Evangelize cross-functional product needs and data-driven solutions, communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Define a 12 months roadmap of BI tools and capabilities to support the expansion of the HP Instant Ink initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in related field
- 6+ years of BI infrastructure and project management experience
- Significant experience in analyzing data using current best practices including (data science and predictive analytics),
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms is a plus;
- Highly motivated and self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to succeed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge in database design, data modeling, administration and optimization.
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies such as Power BI, Qlikview, AWS Redshift, and Cloud Technologies or any other similar platform and tools.
- Ability to query databases and to work with data efficiently is a requirement with advanced SQL skills
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Strong Analytical capabilities. High attention to details
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to apply business judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage virtual teams
- Ability to work in new, fast-paced environments
- Finance and/or marketing background and experience is a plus
- ms project
About the company
The Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) is an American global information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It develops and provides a wide variety of hardware components as well as software and related services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.