- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Instructional Solutions Developer-LEA0001J
The Instructional Solutions Developer specializes in Instructional Design and E-learning Development. Analyzes business training needs and advises line management and business learning professionals how to create appropriate blended learning interventions. Measures and assesses results of learning initiatives and implements enhancements as needed. Develops and conducts training. Manages e-Learning development projects for enterprise and may supervise e-learning development by outside vendors. Develops and maintains curriculum. May contribute talent to Organizational Development projects.
This position will work jointly with other members of the learning team and SMEs to identify the course goals and objectives. The developer will be responsible for creating program evaluations and assessments based on course objectives to determine effectiveness of training. Managing multiple projects simultaneously and working under aggressive time frames in order to meet production deadlines.
This individual must be able to work independently and as part of a team, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects to successful, on-time completion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop end to end learning solutions in a variety of formats including instructor-led, virtual, eLearning, infographics, simulations, case studies, assessments, games, and other digital and non-digital learning solutions.
- Consult and make recommendations on instructional methods appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
- Collaborate with performance consultants, peers, subject matter experts, facilitation team, and operational leaders to create learning experiences that demonstrate sound adult learning strategies, produce learning outcomes, and develop targeted skills among learners.
- Design in an agile, iterative fashion, with a mix of collaborative team ideation and focused, self-directed design time.
- Scope and estimate level of effort for project deliverables
- Consult with other learning developers on strategies to incorporate video, audio, compression options, media streaming, and blending media for engagement.
- Evaluate learning programs for effectiveness and continuously improving solutions
- Apply strong project management discipline for setting expectations, execution, and resolving issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred (e.g. Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Educational Design, ISD, or related field).
- Skilled in adult learning principles, workplace learning technologies, agile development, interactive design, and performance consulting with a focus on the modern learner
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of instructional design for ILT, WBT, virtual classroom and simulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with workplace learning authoring tools, including emerging technologies. Specific experience with LMS, Articulate Audacity, Articulate, and other authoring programs to develop rich WBTs and simulations. Able to use variables, triggers, and appropriate media to develop unique learning experiences.
- Experience working with multimedia production in the design, capture and production of video and audio.
- Experience working with graphic design using Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and graphic design theories. Able to create custom graphics, color themes, style guides, infographics, and templates that enhance learner engagement and knowledge application.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
United States-Arizona-Scottsdale, United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher, United States-Pennsylvania-Moosic, United States-California-Sunnyvale, United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Connecticut-Shelton, United States-Minnesota-Plymouth, United States-New Jersey-Roseland, United States-Iowa-Dubuque, United States-Maine-Portland
Yes, 10 % of the Time
- human resources
- ms project
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)