- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Description:Instructional Technology Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for an Instructional Technology Specialist – Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. This position is responsible for assisting instructors in the preparation of existing online courses for use by students and working with instructors to ensure that said courses are maintained and renovated on a regular basis.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid and support faculty in the preparation of existing online courses for offering.
- Aid and support faculty and academic units with conducting regular maintenance and renovation of online courses and ensuring that materials and presentation platforms remain up to date.
- Coordinate and work with academic units to develop and maintain a catalog of courses offered and schedule for future offerings, renovations, and new course developments.
- Train and support faculty in the use of learning management systems and teaching technologies as they relate to course preparation/renovation.
- Facilitate and attend course planning meetings to gain knowledge and understanding of course plans/goals and future course preparation needs.
- Design, develop and deliver faculty training and workshops on learning management systems and related technologies, as related to course preparation/renovation.
- Develop and revise online resources including tutorials, technical documentation, and related web content related to course preparation/renovation.
- Act as a liaison to Tech Services in order to achieve seamless support of shared campus services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a faculty support role in higher education.
- Prior experience with Blackboard or other Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in developing educational, web-based materials.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: digital media production with Adobe Creative Suite, software training experience, technical documentation, providing training workshops.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior teaching, training or mentoring experience.
- Prior experience supporting teaching technologies.
- Experience with Python or related programming applications.
- Expertise of accessibility standards and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Applications must be received by December 2, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1 - Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2 - Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3 – You must upload the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume (include months and years of employment)
- A list of software skills
- Academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable)
- Names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, you may contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Provost Category:2-Administrative Title:Instructional Technology Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (123653) Open Date:11/08/2019 Close Date:12/02/2019 Organization Name:Center Innov in Teach Learn